One Little Word for 2012

The one little word that I have chosen to live by is... Authenticity.

To live the year being authentic. Being me. Being the person that I know I should be each and everyday even when it is not easy (or popular).

"Promise me you'll always remember:
You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."
Christopher Robin to Winnie-the-Pooh



Friday, December 30, 2011

2012 Book Challenge



Gearing up for a 2012 Reading Challenge. In 2011 I accomplished my personal goal of reading 100 books - I actually read 112! (YEAH). This year for 2012,  I want to participate in a challenge that will allow me to link up with other readers and hear their comments about books.  There are five levels to the challenge ranging from reading 5 books to 20+ at level V.

For 2012 I am striving for Level V by reading the following books:
  1. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins 
  2. Divergent by Veroncia Roth 
  3. Delirium by Lauren Oliver 
  4. Maximum Ride: The Angel Experiment by James Patterson 
  5. Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead 
  6. The Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa
  7. The Scorpio Races by Maggie Steifvater 
  8. The Maze Runner by James Dashner 
  9. Every Last One by Anna Quindlen 
  10. The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks 
  11. Diary of a Young Girl by Anne Frank 
  12. The Eyre Affair by Jasper Fforde 
  13. This Lullaby by Sarah Dessen 
  14. Paranormalcy by Kiersten White 
  15. A Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood 
  16. Frankenstein by Mary Shelley 
  17. Naked in Death by JD Robb 
  18. The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky 
  19. You Against Me by Jenny Downham 
  20. Life of Pi by Yann Martel 
  21. Little Women by Louisa May Alcott 
  22. Angels & Demons by Dan Brown 
  23. The Iron King by Julie Kagawa 
  24. I heart you, You haunt me by Lisa Schroeder 
  25. The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao by Juniot Diaz 
  26. The Future of Us by Jay Asher and Carolyn Mackler 
  27. The Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa 
  28. Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys 
On her blog www.readingwithtequilla.com, a list of 266 recommended books was posted.  From the list I have already read 38 of the books. Wow! That is more than I would have guessed... maybe all that reading is paying off. Here is my list of books I have already read:


Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen, Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins,  Graceling by Kristin Cashore, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling , The Book Thief by Markus Zusak, Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte, Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K Rowling, Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden, South of Broad by Pat Conroy, To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee, Paper Towns by John Green, Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater, The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton, The Adoration of Jenna Fox by Mary E. Pearson, Daughter of Smoke & Bone by Laini Taylor, Eragon by Christopher Paolini, Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman, The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger, Looking For Alaska by John Green, Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi, Fire by Kristin Cashore, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. Rowling, I Am the Messenger by Markus Zusak, Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher, Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen, XVI by Julia Karr, A B C's by Dr. Seuss, Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince by J.K. Rowling, Matched by Ally Condie, White Cat by Holly Black, A Confederacy of Dunces by John Kennedy Toole, Across the Universe by Beth Revis, I am not a serial killer by Dan Wells, The Pledge by Kimberly Derting, Trickster's Choice by Tamora Pierce, Twilight by Stephenie Meyer, Something Borrowed by Emily Giffin.

No comments: