One Little Word for 2012

The one little word that I have chosen to live by is... Authenticity.

To live the year being authentic. Being me. Being the person that I know I should be each and everyday even when it is not easy (or popular).

"Promise me you'll always remember:
You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."
Christopher Robin to Winnie-the-Pooh



Sunday, January 1, 2012

Burned - House of Night - Book 8


Burned (House of Night, #7)Burned by P.C. Cast
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Fantastic continuation of the story of Zoey and the vampire fledlings at the House of Night. I wish I could articulate why these books are so engaging for me, but I can't.

The characters, although representing a fantasy world are written to be relateable and engaging. You want them to succeed in their choices, even as you witness their wrong choices and know they will have to pay the price for their actions.

The books are also about friendship, a lesson that many, teens and adults alike, could learn from. Being friends does not mean there is no conflict or strife. It does mean that somehow you are able to see past that and to still believe in the person you call a friend.

Looking forward to reading the remaining two books in the series.


View all my reviews

No comments: