One Little Word for 2012

The one little word that I have chosen to live by is... Authenticity.

To live the year being authentic. Being me. Being the person that I know I should be each and everyday even when it is not easy (or popular).

"Promise me you'll always remember:
You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."
Christopher Robin to Winnie-the-Pooh



Monday, January 2, 2012

It's Monday... What am I reading?

It is Monday again. The first Monday of 2012. (I know in the coming weeks I will still be writing 2011 until mid-January, but got it right the first time today!)

Today I am reading two books. One I hope to get through and the other that I need to savor.

The first one, the one I am hoping to read quite a bit of, is book #8 from the House of Night series. I cannot get enough of the teenage paranormal romance in these books, much to the chagrin of my teenage son. He keeps telling me to read Ann Rice, and someday I will. But for today, I plan on being lost in the world of fledgling teenage vampires and the evil that wants to destroy them.

The second book I started reading yesterday was The Right Questions by Debbie Ford. I have decided this my year to focus on myself and how I am holding myself back.  This book I need to savor. Reading it too fast will not help me move in the direction I must go...
Happy reading!

Thank you to http://bookjourney.wordpress.com for helping me to focus on my reading and becoming a more reflective reader.

No comments: