One Little Word for 2012

The one little word that I have chosen to live by is... Authenticity.

To live the year being authentic. Being me. Being the person that I know I should be each and everyday even when it is not easy (or popular).

"Promise me you'll always remember:
You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."
Christopher Robin to Winnie-the-Pooh



Monday, December 26, 2011

The Pledge

The Pledge (The Pledge, #1)The Pledge by Kimberly Derting

My rating: 2 of 5 stars


Authors exert a great deal of time and energy in writing a novel. They must develop the characters, create a beleivable conflict and engage the reader in dialogue, both internal and external, that draws us into the lives of the characters.



Even after reading all 318 pages of this novel, I am not sure whether or not the author did that for me. There were times when I was so engaged in the story line I couldn't wait to find out what happened. This was coupled with the times that the story was too predictable and my first thought was to no longer waste my time reading.



As I think about which of my students I would recommend this book to, it would be to female students who love romance and adventure. The others I would tell to leave it be on the bookshelf.



View all my reviews

No comments: