One Little Word for 2012

The one little word that I have chosen to live by is... Authenticity.

To live the year being authentic. Being me. Being the person that I know I should be each and everyday even when it is not easy (or popular).

"Promise me you'll always remember:
You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."
Christopher Robin to Winnie-the-Pooh



Saturday, December 10, 2011

Daughter of Smoke and Bone by: Laini Taylor

Daughter of Smoke and Bone (Daughter of Smoke and Bone, #1)Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


For someone who does not read much of the fantasy/magic genre, I truly enjoyed this book. The plot was fast paced and the characters had a depth that allowed them to be "real" even though they are magical creatures.

There were a few spots in the book where the plot seemed to trip upon itself, leaps in the storyline that I had to go back and reread to follow.



Like all books, there are always one or two quotes that speak with such truths that I try to mark them in the text to remember then later. This book was no different.

At one point in the story, on page 335 Akiva and Karou are having a discussion and Karou says "Love is a luxury." and the response is "No. Love is an element." How true! Regardless of who you are love is as necessary as all the other elements found in nature.



A beautiful story and I await the next installment.



View all my reviews

No comments: