One Little Word for 2012

The one little word that I have chosen to live by is... Authenticity.

To live the year being authentic. Being me. Being the person that I know I should be each and everyday even when it is not easy (or popular).

"Promise me you'll always remember:
You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."
Christopher Robin to Winnie-the-Pooh



Friday, December 10, 2010

Will Grayson, Will GraysonWill Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Finished reading this novel. When I first started to read it, I have to be honest, I wasn't sure I would be able to finish it. I am glad that I did.

The novel deals with a sensitive topic - homosexual relationships between two boys in a school setting. But - the message of the novel is much deeper. To be true to who you are and to be a true friend. This is summed up for me on p. 260 of the novel when Tiny Cooper, one of the main characters says, "But with friendship, there's nothing like that. Being in a relationship, that's something you choose. Being friends, that just something you are."

So many times, teenagers (and many adults for that matter) do not realize the power of friendship and what it means to truly be a friend.




View all my reviews

No comments: