One Little Word for 2012

The one little word that I have chosen to live by is... Authenticity.

To live the year being authentic. Being me. Being the person that I know I should be each and everyday even when it is not easy (or popular).

"Promise me you'll always remember:
You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."
Christopher Robin to Winnie-the-Pooh



Friday, December 3, 2010

Paper TownsPaper Towns by John Green

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Whenever, as an adult, I read a YA book and it makes me re-think how I am living my life... that is a powerful book. There were so many fundamental human truths in PAPER TOWNS.

How many times do we not see someone for who they are, but for who we want them to be? hope them to be? need them to be? And... when we finally see the real person that was there along but we did not see through the "mirror" we had created, things change. Our relationship with that person changes - when, if we had been looking at them through a "window" instead, we would not have been disappointed, we would have been amazed.

The inclusion of so much of Walden's work was wonderful. To pull in great literature into a YA book - great concept.

Would love to use this book in my classroom.



View all my reviews

No comments: