One Little Word for 2012

The one little word that I have chosen to live by is... Authenticity.

To live the year being authentic. Being me. Being the person that I know I should be each and everyday even when it is not easy (or popular).

"Promise me you'll always remember:
You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."
Christopher Robin to Winnie-the-Pooh



Friday, December 17, 2010

Hate ListHate List by Jennifer Brown

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


Pain and isolation. The character of this novel, Valerie, felt so much of both. She found herself in a situation that left her pained (both mentally and physically) as well as isolated (from family and friends alike). She survived a terrible trauma that few can imagine - the death of friends and enemies at the hand of her boyfriend.

The part of the novel that was so upsetting to me was the portrayal of the father. What got to me was the realism of his reaction to his daughter. So many parents do this daily - think the worst of their children and instead of helping them deal - shut them out.




View all my reviews

No comments: