One Little Word for 2012

The one little word that I have chosen to live by is... Authenticity.

To live the year being authentic. Being me. Being the person that I know I should be each and everyday even when it is not easy (or popular).

"Promise me you'll always remember:
You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."
Christopher Robin to Winnie-the-Pooh



Saturday, December 4, 2010

MockingbirdMockingbird by Kathryn Erskine

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


What an amazing story. It is true, that if we can see things from other's perspectives and rid ourselves of our own prejudices and preconceptions that a depth of understanding will be achieved that allows us all to grow as individuals who cannot live individually, but need the help, guidance and assistance of others.

We need to see people for who they ARE not who we want them to BE. (same concept that I just read about the other day in John Green's PAPER TOWNS).



View all my reviews

No comments: