One Little Word for 2012

The one little word that I have chosen to live by is... Authenticity.

To live the year being authentic. Being me. Being the person that I know I should be each and everyday even when it is not easy (or popular).

"Promise me you'll always remember:
You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."
Christopher Robin to Winnie-the-Pooh



Sunday, April 10, 2011

Matched (Matched, #1)Matched by Ally Condie

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


A YA novel that provokes thought provoking characters and events. The main character of the novel is being "matched" with her perfect life partner in a Society where everything is controlled. Individuality is discouraged as well as thinking for oneself and questioning the decisions of the Society.

What happens when one does begin to question? To wonder about the what ifs....

Cassie begins to ask questions when there is a glitch in her microchip and she sees not just Xanders' face as her Match but also, for a brief second, Ky's face.

An intriguing story- the first in a trilogy.



View all my reviews

No comments: