One Little Word for 2012

The one little word that I have chosen to live by is... Authenticity.

To live the year being authentic. Being me. Being the person that I know I should be each and everyday even when it is not easy (or popular).

"Promise me you'll always remember:
You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."
Christopher Robin to Winnie-the-Pooh



Thursday, January 27, 2011

The 100 Thing Challenge: How I Got Rid of Almost Everything, Remade My Life, and Regained My SoulThe 100 Thing Challenge: How I Got Rid of Almost Everything, Remade My Life, and Regained My Soul by Dave Bruno

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


Living with only 100 personal items. Could I do that? Even as I read the book I thought about how much we all possess. Then, as I drove down the road on a recent trip, I counted in four different towns storage facilities. We truly are a culture of consumerism. We buy so much stuff that we have to spend more money to store everything and then we forget we have it and we go out and buy more. CRAZY!



I have thought about putting together a list of 100 items I could live with if they were the only 100 things I could have. It would be a difficult list to put together because I am used to all of my stuff.



SUMMARY:

Dave Bruno is a blogger who promotes a simple lifestyle. Then one day, as he looks at his overcrowded garage and his overflowing closet, he decides he is not living the life he promotes on his blog. He decides to give himself a personal challenge of living with only 100 things (personal possessions) for one year. This is his story of his personal challenge.



View all my reviews

No comments: