One Little Word for 2012

The one little word that I have chosen to live by is... Authenticity.

To live the year being authentic. Being me. Being the person that I know I should be each and everyday even when it is not easy (or popular).

"Promise me you'll always remember:
You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."
Christopher Robin to Winnie-the-Pooh



Saturday, January 8, 2011

The Last Summer Of The Death WarriorsThe Last Summer Of The Death Warriors by Francisco X. Stork




I heard about this book through a twitter chat. I was intrigued by the story line from the very beginning.

It is a story about two young boys - one dieing of cancer and the other dieing slowly from the hate that he feels towards the man that was responsible for his sister's death. What is extraordinary about this novel - is the power of friendship and understanding that develops between these two boys.

I always think it is interesting when we begin to see, hear or notice similar themes in various aspects of our lives. Books that I have been reading lately make me think of the power of friendship and how it can really have a tremendous impact on one's life.

I would recommend this book to my students who are struggling with a decision - and show them through literature, that one can take a very difficult situation that fills one with anger and from that situation develop an understanding that takes one to forgiveness.



View all my reviews

No comments: