One Little Word for 2012

The one little word that I have chosen to live by is... Authenticity.

To live the year being authentic. Being me. Being the person that I know I should be each and everyday even when it is not easy (or popular).

"Promise me you'll always remember:
You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."
Christopher Robin to Winnie-the-Pooh



Saturday, February 26, 2011

AfterAfter by Francine Prose

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


The Barnes & Noble Review

Blue Angel novelist Francine Prose speaks to younger audiences in this unsettling drama about one high school's experiences following a shooting at a neighboring school.





When nearby Pleasant Valley experiences fatal gun violence, Tom Bishop and the other Central High students endure a startling transformation in the name of "safety."





Mrs. Kinnaird's Comments - I read this novel (along with many others I have been reading lately) focusing on school shootings. This book, however, took a very different twist. It was very "big brother" in the format of George Orwell's 1984. The students at the school must experience consequences for the actions of students at a neighboring school where a shooting took place.



View all my reviews

No comments: