One Little Word for 2012

The one little word that I have chosen to live by is... Authenticity.

To live the year being authentic. Being me. Being the person that I know I should be each and everyday even when it is not easy (or popular).

"Promise me you'll always remember:
You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."
Christopher Robin to Winnie-the-Pooh



Sunday, February 23, 2014

The Body in the Woods (release 6/2014)

The Body in the Woods (Point Last Seen, #1)The Body in the Woods by April Henry
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Not every book grabs you from the first line, the first encounter with the characters. Some require time. Time to draw you into the characters, creating a sense of mystery and suspense. April Henry does just that in her novel THE BODY IN THE WOODS.

Three teenagers who are part of a volunteer search and rescue team end up searing for a killer and rescuing one of their own. The author creates the authenticity of the characters through the masterful inclusion of multiple plot lines which weave into the story and bring the main characters Alexis, Nick and Ruby to life for the reader.

There are moments in the story when the plot elements are too predictable including the ever present confrontations with the lead detective. But, by not dwelling on the predictable, the plot moves along and the reader is reengaged.

This is one book which will be recommended to my students again and again.


View all my reviews

Thank you to Netgalley.com for allowing me to read this book.

No comments: