One Little Word for 2012

The one little word that I have chosen to live by is... Authenticity.

To live the year being authentic. Being me. Being the person that I know I should be each and everyday even when it is not easy (or popular).

"Promise me you'll always remember:
You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."
Christopher Robin to Winnie-the-Pooh



Wednesday, March 30, 2011

The Iron Witch (The Iron Witch, #1)The Iron Witch by Karen Mahoney

My rating: 2 of 5 stars


Purchased this book as part of my debut author 2011 challenge. I knew the book was about paranormal activity - alchemy, elves, faerie realm. It also focused a great deal on teenage romance and drama, two of my least favorite topics (even as a high school teacher).

The plot and the characters, at times, were predictable. The idea that it would be so easy to share "secrets" you have held for 3 years while not trusting the one adult who has cared for you were a bit unrealistic. The ending was a bit anti-climatic.





View all my reviews

No comments: