One Little Word for 2012

The one little word that I have chosen to live by is... Authenticity.

To live the year being authentic. Being me. Being the person that I know I should be each and everyday even when it is not easy (or popular).

"Promise me you'll always remember:
You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."
Christopher Robin to Winnie-the-Pooh



Tuesday, March 22, 2011

I Am Not A Serial Killer (John Cleaver, #1)I Am Not A Serial Killer by Dan Wells

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I found this novel at the library and was intrigued from the beginning with the title and the novel did not disappoint. It is the story of John Wayne Cleaver (named after John Wayne the actor, but feels John Wayne Gacy is more appropriate).

John is fascinated with death and serial killers. Every time he has a report to write for school - he chooses a serial killer. His fascination is obsessive! On top of that he is also showing signs of serial killer tendencies - fascination with fire, hurting animals and stalking people. He shares his deepest thought with his psychiatrist and develops rules to monitor his own behavior.

He feels that he is able to handle so many of his own fears due to the fact that he can explore death - in his mother's mortuary.

But then, a serial killer stalks his town...



View all my reviews

No comments: