One Little Word for 2012

The one little word that I have chosen to live by is... Authenticity.

To live the year being authentic. Being me. Being the person that I know I should be each and everyday even when it is not easy (or popular).

"Promise me you'll always remember:
You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."
Christopher Robin to Winnie-the-Pooh



Thursday, March 24, 2011

Across the UniverseAcross the Universe by Beth Revis

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Science fiction is one genre that I tend to avoid. The plot found in these novels always seems "too out there" for me. This book, however, was truly a delight to read. The characters, Elder and Amy, were presented in a way that made them come alive to the reader.

Even though the novel is set on a ship traveling through space to a new Earth that will be colonized - it explores issues that have plagued humans for generations... personal differences, freedom of thought, and how far a ruler should go to rule.

A wonderful novel for eliciting discussions on leadership. I would have loved to have had this book available two years ago when reading and studying WWII. The similarities between Eldest and Hitler would be an interesting compare and contrast for students.





View all my reviews

1 comment:

A Beautiful Madness said...

Loved this book. Great review. I can't wait to read more from her.