One Little Word for 2012

The one little word that I have chosen to live by is... Authenticity.

To live the year being authentic. Being me. Being the person that I know I should be each and everyday even when it is not easy (or popular).

"Promise me you'll always remember:
You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."
Christopher Robin to Winnie-the-Pooh



Friday, September 16, 2011

Zebratown: The True Story of a Black Ex-Con and a White Single Mother in Small-Town AmericaZebratown: The True Story of a Black Ex-Con and a White Single Mother in Small-Town America by Greg Donaldson

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


A non-fiction work that tells the story of a former prison inmate who relocates from New York City to Elmira. It is the story of his years out of the prison system and the life he tries to build in this town.



I found parts of the book interesting, particularly the historical pieces of the area. Other parts were more disturbing.





View all my reviews

No comments: