One Little Word for 2012

The one little word that I have chosen to live by is... Authenticity.

To live the year being authentic. Being me. Being the person that I know I should be each and everyday even when it is not easy (or popular).

"Promise me you'll always remember:
You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."
Christopher Robin to Winnie-the-Pooh



Friday, September 23, 2011

Dead End in NorveltDead End in Norvelt by Jack Gantos

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


A funny, engaging story about a young boy growing up in a model town established by Eleanor Roosevelt. The mischief of a twelve-year old boy mixed with the nostalgia of an original Norvelter leads to a summer of growth and learning.



Part autobiographical and part fiction, the novel at times makes you laugh out loud and at other times stop and think about history and our part in it.





View all my reviews

No comments: