One Little Word for 2012

The one little word that I have chosen to live by is... Authenticity.

To live the year being authentic. Being me. Being the person that I know I should be each and everyday even when it is not easy (or popular).

"Promise me you'll always remember:
You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."
Christopher Robin to Winnie-the-Pooh



Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Review of a novel by Elizabeth Laird

Review of The Betrayal of Maggie Blair

I finished reading this book yesterday and enjoyed it immensely. The author was able to capture the time period through her characterization of Maggie Blair and those with whom she befriended and helped her as she grew from a young timid lass to an individual with a sense of purpose and confidence in her ability to traverse her world alone.

The historical pieces that were included made the reading that much more authentic and relateable to the reader. The influence the Church had on the lives of individuals was amazing and portrayed vividly through the actions and events that the characters encountered.

Enjoyed the book very much. Will plan on purchasing for inclusion in my classroom library and will recommend to those students who enjoy historical fiction.

Thank you for the opportunity to read the novel.

No comments: