One Little Word for 2012

The one little word that I have chosen to live by is... Authenticity.

To live the year being authentic. Being me. Being the person that I know I should be each and everyday even when it is not easy (or popular).

"Promise me you'll always remember:
You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."
Christopher Robin to Winnie-the-Pooh



Saturday, November 27, 2010

The Chocolate WarThe Chocolate War by Robert Cormier

My rating: 2 of 5 stars

There are so many social and peer pressure issues found within the pages of this book. Should one change to be part of a group? How much of oneself are you willing to give up and defend? When do you simply cave?

These are questions that I asked myself after reading this book. The main character could have stopped the "chocolate war" when he was instructed to. He did not do this.

As a mother, I thought about how my children would react to this type of peer pressure. As an educator, I wonder about the conversations that would be produced based on the events found in the plot of this novel.



View all my reviews

No comments: