One Little Word for 2012

The one little word that I have chosen to live by is... Authenticity.

To live the year being authentic. Being me. Being the person that I know I should be each and everyday even when it is not easy (or popular).

"Promise me you'll always remember:
You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."
Christopher Robin to Winnie-the-Pooh



Thursday, February 25, 2010

Thirteen Reasons Why

What a powerful book!!! It is amazing that someone can be going through so much and noone takes the time to notice. I think of the students I interact with everyday... what some of them must be feeling, experiencing, living... that noone pays attention too.

This is a powerful book by Jay Asher that should be required reading for those who care about kids.


UPDATE!!!! May 5, 2010
We actually discussed this recently at my book club... what an interesting discussion. We talked a great deal about the power that teachers have in working with students...

No comments: